|PAYG calls||Upfront: £0
Line rental included
Total contract: £423
18 month contract
Why choose TalkTalk Faster Fibre with Speed Boost?
- Superfast speeds of 67Mbps download speed and 17Mbps upload speed
- Totally unlimited broadband with no hidden monthly caps and no slow down at peak times
- 30 days guarantee for your satisfaction. You can quit the service without penalties, if you are not satisfied.
- Includes the new WiFi Hub with dual-band 802.11ac standard, 4 gigabit connections for reliable, faster fibre connectivity and improved wireless range
- HomeSafe online protection included to keep all your devices safe
- SuperSafe boost to give extra protection to every user & device from viruses and malware
67Mbps average download speeds and 17Mbps upload speeds
- Faster Fibre with Speed Boost plan is much faster than most of the starter level fibre packages from other providers including 54Mb Virgin Media fibre broadband. Such lighting speeds are ideal for streaming HD videos, TV shows,playing games online and downloading large files in no time.
- This plan offers much faster upload speeds when compared to 36Mb fibre plans or ADSL plans. You will need not wait so long when you upload tons of photos, files and huge volume of data to the internet. Everything is done much more quickly than earlier.
- All TallkTalk broadband plans offer consistently faster speeds all the times means you need not be concerned with slow downs or traffic shaping during peak hours (8pm – 10pm)
Totally unlimited monthly usage
- With TalkTalk fibre broadband, you get unrestricted access, speeds and truly unlimited monthly usage allowance.
- There is no set monthly download limit which means you can stream unlimited number of videos or download tons of files or play online games for as many hours as you like and this won’t increase your bills any way.
No inclusive call plan
- No call plan is included, however, you can make free calls to other TalkTalk customers at anytime. You are allowed to make PAYG calls means you would need to pay only for the calls you make.
- However, if you want to make more regular calls, you can buy more flexible call boosts like anytime calls or international call plan
Affordable prices to suit your budget
- The plan comes with introductory offer of price discount for the first 18 months.
- No price rise for the entire contract
- Free fibre connection applies for a limited time.
Freebies / Extras
- The latest Super Router wireless router is included at no extra cost. This is dual band router with gigabit connections, USB port and advanced wireless security.
- You can get extras like HomeSafe online protection and SuperSafe boost (F-Secure internet security) for all in your family.
- While HomeSafe is a normal web filter helping you block the websites which are unsuitable for your kids, advanced SuperSafe (F-Secure internet security) features protects all your devices from viruses, malware and other online threats.
TalkTalk Faster Fibre Speed Boost Review
While headline connection speed Faster fibre speed boost is 76Mbps, it offers average user speed of 67Mbps which means 50% of its customers can get this speed from their end. When compared to all major ISPs including BT, EE and Plusnet but except Sky, this number is lower by 3-4Mbps.
What are the real-world speeds (achievable speed range) for TalkTalk Faster Fibre Speed Boost customers? According to Ofcom’s annual broadband speed report released in 2018, here are the figures for this TalkTalk plan:
|Maximum||Minimum||24 hours||Peak times
(8pm – 10pm)
(up to 76Mbps)
|54.4Mbps – 59.2Mbps||49Mbps – 54.1Mbps||53.3Mbps – 58.2Mbps||52.8Mbps – 57.7Mbps|
Over-all when compared to other ISP packages in 76Mbps tier, TalkTalk Faster Fibre Speed Boost offered slower speeds, while EE Fibre Plus (average 67Mbps) offered the maximum speed of 64.5Mbps at peak times.
TalkTalk – the most complained about broadband provider in 2018
Ofcom Q2 2018 survey found that TalkTalk is struggling with issues related to service and faults, thus resulting in the most number of consumer complaints.
Poor customer service
According to broadband watchdog Ofcom’s annual report 2018, TalkTalk had the lowest customer satisfaction levels. Only 72% of its customers were happy with its service quality. It had the most number of customers who were not satisfied with customer service
All is not bad for TalkTalk as it was named as the best broadband, phone & TV provider of 2018 by Uswitch. It also came as runner up for the award of best Quad-play provider of the year 2018.
Despite the lower rankings for customer service, TalkTalk still ranks high, when it comes to pricing and value for money. So is Faster fibre speed boost which is the best deal for households which look for superfast, fibre package at the best price.
More deals from TalkTalk
Prices include line rental