Plusnet offered average real-world speeds of around 8.4Mbps on its ‘upto’ 17Mbps, ADSL 2+ lines, according to Ofcom speed survey conducted in November 2015. Plusnet 38Mb fibre broadband offered average download speeds of 33.3Mbps and 11Mbps upload speeds.
Plusnet is a reliable ISP with more customers are happy with its service quality, Ofcom’s consumer complaints data for Q1 2016 revealed.
- Customer Service
Again, Plusnet is one of the best broadband service providers in terms of customer support which operates within the UK.
- Value for money
Plunst, like TalkTalk, often offers cheapest deals that include free broadband, wireless router, discounts, cashbacks and vouchers.
Plusnet is a low cost, but very reliable service that you can trust. Its phone and broadband are affordable to families and individuals.
Plusnet broadband is one of the best internet service providers in the UK, if you look out for great value for you money and customer support.
The Sheffield based ISP has received many customer satisfaction awards from ISPA and Which? for its out-standing service.
Plusnet retails its own ADSL 2+ (up to 17Mbps) and fibre broadband (up to 38Mb/76Mb) to its customers, although the company belongs to BT Group.
Standard broadband options Plusnet broadband pricing is unbelievably cheaper in low-cost areas which cover 80% of homes in the UK.
Its unlimited broadband plan comes with standard price starting from £20.40 per month including line rental. New customers often get free broadband or 12 or 18 months discounts to make great savings in the first contract.
Latest Plusnet Deals
18 month contract
|Unlimited||PAYG||N/A||£18 / month
£334 / contract
18 month contract
|Fibre Unlimited Extra
12 month contract
£475 / contract
- All Plusnet broadband plans offer truly unlimited usage allowance means you can download as much data as you wish. There is also no traffic shaping by the provider even at peak times to ensure that you can get faster speeds for all your internet activities.
- When you add Plusnet homephone which requires line rental that will cost extra which is added to the total cost and also enables you to get free connection.
- Plusnet also offers 1 month contract if you do not like the 12 month contract. Students and those who need fixed broadband for temporary use can go for plusnet broadband. However, free wireless router is included only when you take its service for 12 months duration.
- All plusnet broadband plans are prioritized for VoIP traffic while its unlimited plan is optimized for additional applications like downloads, gaming and VPN.
Superfast fibre optic broadband
- Plusnet has recently launched its own superfast fibre optic broadband packages which come with 38Mbps/76Mbps download speeds, unlimited monthly usage allowance and free wireless router, however, 12 or 18 month contract applies.
- Plusnet Fibre Unlimited (up to 38Mbps speed/unlimited downloads) is priced at just £25 a month. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra (76Mbps speed/unlimited monthly data) will cost from £30 a month. Line rental cost is included.
- You can also add calls for an extra fee.