Compare the best broadband, TV & phone deals available in your area
Find the right package and save money
While line rental only packages are quite basic, you can add call plans that you need – evening & weekend or anytime). You can probably get good discounts and free setup when you opt for phone bundles with broadband.
Line rental and call rates would wary with providers. Choose the package depending on your household needs.
These combo packages offer the best value for your money as they add three services together at discounted price.
If money is not constraint for you, consider Sky and Virgin Media which offer some of the premium TV bundles which include more HD TV shows, sports & movie channels.
By contrast, Now TV, TalkTalk and BT have a great range of bundles at affordable pricing.
Fibre optic broadband speeds for households range between 35Mbps and 362Mbps. The main question is which fibre broadband is better – cable based Virgin Media or Openreach based BT, Sky & TalkTalk? Both have pros and cons.
Small providers like Hyperoptic and Gigabit offer even faster speeds of 1Gbps. Finally, availability is what matters as only city users can access these services
Popular Broadband Deals
Low cost packages from budget providers like TalkTalk and Plusnet can help you save money. Here are some tips to find the cheapest broadband deals.
Contract-free broadband deals are very convenient when you’re not sure about how long you would need service at current location. Find our picks in this category.
Virgin Media TV bundles offer ultra-fast fibre broadband, the best TV service and home phone together. All you need to know about Virgin Media TV bundles
Providers like Virgin Media, BT and Now TV offer student-specific broadband packages with shorter contracts and also option to add TV.
How to find the best broadband deal?
- First of all, use a broadband postcode checker to find the packages available only in your area.
- Filters like speeds, usage, cost details and contract length can be of great help when you compare broadband deals and providers.
- Yearly cost and total contract cost which include monthly price and one-time setup cost (if any) would help you find the deals that perfectly meet your budget.
- Does the package add value to your money by offering any free call plan or extras like cloud storage, public WiFi?
- Similarly, bundled deals that include broadband with home phone or digital TV service is the best way to save money. Furthermore, it’s easy to handle your monthly bills.
- Choose superfast, fibre broadband when you need to connect multiple devices, watch HD or 4K videos, TV or play online games. Above all, fibre broadband is speedier and more reliable than standard ADSL broadband.
- All providers offer unlimited download allowance with broadband, but do you get totally unlimited usage which means your access speeds do not fall at peak times.
- While comparing fibre or TV bundles, check out whether fibre installation or TV set up box would cost extra or can you find offers without these additional costs
- Whilst choosing your TV package, consider how many channels & TV shows you get
- Look out for the special offers that come with promotional discounts, free gifts, cashback, rewards and vouchers
- After selecting the deal you like, it’s time to sign up. Before that, reading genuine reviews about your new provider can help you a lot.
- Finally, reviews and customer ratings of the provider could help you know whether they are any good when it comes to reliable service or customer support.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to switch broadband provider without much fuss?
Start the process of switch when the contract term is about to end. Choose your new provider and package and sign up. No need to get MAC (Migration Authorisation Code) when you switch between similar type of networks (like BT,TalkTalk or Sky etc). Your new service provider will complete the switch which would be seamless.
However, when you migrate between different networks ( ADSL to cable or vice versa) you will need to cancel the existing service at right time so you will be out of service for minimum time.
Before sign up, your new provider needs to furnish actual speeds you are likely to get at your premises in written document. Speed estimate has been made mandate by telecom watchdog Ofcom. This helps you cancel the service without penalty if the provider fails to deliver the promised speeds.
It is the minimum length of time you agree to use the broadband service and pay bills for it. It could be 12 months or 18 months depending on the provider
Installation & other initial costs
Fibre and TV services may have one-off installation costs. However, you usually get free wireless routers and free TV boxes depending on package. However, delivery or posting charge usually applies.
It is provider’s right to apply its own traffic management rules to maintain quality. However, traffic shaping does not usually affect your broadband speeds unless you use it for P2P file sharing during peak times.Totally unlimited service does not restrict speeds even during peak hours
Early termination fee will usually apply, when you cancel the service before the end of minimum contract. You will be asked to pay for the rest of the months & days left in the contract.If you cancel after the minimum contract, you will need to give 30 days or 14 days notice as required by your provider.
How broadbandanalyst.co.uk can help me save money?
We offer postcode checker and impartial price comparison to help you find the best deal in the market. Whether you sign up for the first time or changing your provider or upgrading the current package, you will need to just enter your postcode to find all the deals available for your postcode. You can filter results and find deals that are suited for you.