If you look out for reliable broadband with great value for your money and excellent customer support, Plusnet could be one among the best picks from the leading UK broadband providers.Along with cheap fibre and broadband deals, it also offers other options for your specific needs such as broadband only and short-term contracts
Why choose Plusnet?
- For more than a decade, Yorkshire based, award-winning, broadband provider Plusnet has been offering the low cost broadband and phone packages to the UK customers, without compromising the quality.
- For typical UK homes that want to stick to budget, Plusnet is more affordable option than BT, Virgin Media and Sky which usually make you pay more for the same service
- Plusnet line only packages are the best option to start with. You can add a suitable call plan or upgrade to fibre at any time.
- Plusnet fibre packages are reasonably priced and great option to save money.
- Plusnet offers 365 days a year UK based customer support.
How good is Plusnet broadband?
For years on, Plusnet has been a reputed provider that claimed to have more number of satisfied customers than its rivals.
Here are the facts from Ofcom’s latest broadband surveys in 2018:
- More than three-fourths of Plusnet customers were happy with their provider in 2017
- It won for best customer service and over-all service in a survey in October 2017.
- Plusnet won the best broadband broadband provider and customer care based on the survey by a UK comparison site.
- According to Ofcom broadband speed report 2017, Plusnet’s ‘up to’ 17Mb service offered an average of 8.7Mbps
- Plusnet Fibre Unlimited (36Mb average speed) delivered real world speed of 27.6Mbps speed.
- Plunset Fibre Extra (66Mb average speed) offered the average speed of 50.4Mbps.
Plusnet Broadband and Phone
Plusnet Unlimited broadband offers 10Mbps speeds and unlimited downloads, Hub Zero wireless router, free calls to Plusnet support & Plusnet numbers.
Pay as you go calls are included in all basic packages.
As for the speeds and usage allowance, Plusnet offers truly unlimited broadband without any hidden caps or traffic shaping to ensure that you can get faster speeds even at peak times.
Plusnet Fibre Broadband
Plusnet offers two fibre broadband packages with a range of options so you can customise them.
For starters, there is Plusnet Fibre Unlimited which offers 36Mbps average speed, Hub One router and phone line rental.
With 5 times faster speeds compared to regular broadband, Plusnet Fibre Unlimited allows you to watch HD videos and TV shows for the ultimate experience.
Plusnet Fibre Extra comes with 66Mbps speeds which must be ideal for homes with 6+ internet users.
Pay & Go calls are included in the standard package, however, you can add anytime and mobile calls as separate add-on at any time.
Plusnet has launched their own TV service following BT and TalkTalk. It allows you to watch freeview and entertainment channels via YouView box.
Like other TV operators, Plusnet also allows its customers to add premium channels & HD channels with extra subscription.
However, Plusnet TV could not be the best option of TV lovers who are used to watching Sky, BT and Virgin Media.
However, you can add your favourite channels like BT Sport and Sky Cinema with extra subscription.
Our View and Review of Plusnet
Plusnet is one of the best options when you look out for a low-cost broadband and phone service. Why pay through the nose for internet services, when Plunet offers cheaper options?
Reliable customer support has been a hall-mark of Plusnet. It is available for 365 days a year.
Plusnet fibre broadband comes with a few more bucks, when compared to regular broadband. Still, Plusnet fibre is cheaper, when compared to other providers. Fibre is what you need, if you want to connect multiple devices, stream and download on demand videos and TV shows in HD and game online.