- Compare the latest offers from the leading providers in the UK
- Choose the best deal
- Buy online & save money
(Enter your postcode)
||Broadband and Calls
- Low-cost packages from just £7.50 per month
- Unlimited broadband and line rental saver options
- Latest offers which are about to end soon
||Broadband, TV and Calls
- Bundle deals to reduce the cost
- Latest packages from Virgin Media, Sky, TalkTalk and BT
- Special offers to get more value to your money
- Cheap & best fibre optic broadband deals
- UK postcode based fibre broadband checker & price comparison approved by Ofcom
- Superfast broadband packages from top providers (Virgin Media & BT)
What speed would I need?
The speeds you would need depend upon what applications/programs you are about to use online.
- To browse, receive emails, stream music and download small files, you would need 1Mbps – 2Mbps connection. DSL/cable/mobile broadband can be used.
- To view standard video online without buffering, you should have faster download speeds in the range of speeds 2Mbps – 4Mbps. DSL and cable broadband are suitable
- You would need very fast connection with actual speed of 8Mbps+ for large file/movie downloads, streaming high definition videos and real-time online gaming. Fibre optic broadband is ideal for these applications. Faster ADSL 2+ and cable are also fine.
- If you need to upload large data and files, make sure that you get faster upload speeds too, because most connections come with upload speeds much slower than download speeds.
(Note: Advertised broadband speeds come with pre-fix ‘up to’. This means, the actual speed you receive will be much lower than this speed. For instance, ‘up to 14Mbps’ ADSL 2+ connection could offer just 7 – 8Mbps to users who live within 5 km from the exchange.)
Download time for applications
||30 minutes standard video
||A DVD movie
||2 hours 40 minutes
How much data would I need a month?
Light users who occasionally download or stream/download videos, would need 10GB or more. 40GB is safe if you use internet daily for browsing, Youtube and occasional film downloads.
If you frequently download large files, stream/download movies or share connection with others in your family/office, 100GB + usage or unlimited plan is ideal.
||Emails per day
||Mp3’s per week
||Video clips per week
||Online gaming per week
||Usage needed per month
||30GB – 50GB
||100GB or Unlimited