Virgin Media VIVID 100 fibre broadband (average speed: 108Mbps) could be an ideal package for households that look out for high performance broadband connection with affordable pricing. If the premise has up to 10 users who need to access the web at the same time, this award winning broadband provider is indeed a great pick.According to Ofcom’s latest annual broadband providers’ speeds report April 2018, Virgin Media VIVID 100 delivered up to 97.2Mbps real world speeds to UK homes during peak times (8pm – 10pm).
- VIVID fibre optic broadband with an average download speed of 108Mbps download speed and 3Mbps upload speed.
- Unlimited data usage allowance for every month
- Faster than double speed BT based fibre broadband (67Mbps)
- Nice bandwidth to support 5 to 9 devices to go online without slowing down the connection speeds
- Excellent speeds that would enable users watch HD videos, movies and even 4k content online without buffering.
- Hardware like Super Hub wireless router included for no extra cost
- Flexible 1 month contract also available along with 12 month contract
- VIVID 100 & calls includes free weekend UK landline calls and calls to Virgin Mobile numbers
- Free access to Virgin Media WiFi on the London Underground.
- Web Safe to help families protect themselves from unsafe and inappropriate online content.
|108Mbps average speed||Free SuperHub wireless router|
|Unlimited broadband||12 month contract|
|Inclusive weekend calls to UK landlines||£25 setup cost|
Things you need to know
- VIVID 100 is not totally unlimited broadband usage means traffic management applies during peak times, although Virgin Media claims that 95% of its customers are unaffected by its traffic shaping norms.
- £65 activation fee on 30 days rolling contract
- Competitors such as Plusnet and TalkTalk offer cheaper fibre packages which could appeal from price point.
- Switching to Virgin Media cable broadband could be a bit more complex and time consuming, when you move from ADSL provider
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to pay line rental?
Virgin Media monthly line rental £19.00 a month is included in the monthly price, when you sign up for VIVID 100 fibre broadband and calls.
Line rental saver is available when you pay £196 in advance for 12 months
Can I get Virgin VIVID 100 without phone line or line rental?
Yes, Virgin Media also offers broadband only plans which help customers choose from its fibre broadband packages which do not include line rental or phone line and inclusive calls.
They are cheaper and would help you make significant savings over a year. You can choose 12 month or 1 month contract that best suits your needs.
Do I get Virgin Media Super Hub 3.0 Wireless Router?
Virgin Media offers the latest version of its Super Hub with all deals.
Super Hub 3 is the fastest and the most reliable WiFi router with advanced security features. This award winning router is included for no extra cost, when you sign up for VIVID 100.
Is Virgin Media WiFi free and how can I use it?
Virgin Media WiFi is available via the provider’s WiFi hotspots and at 250 Tube stations on the London Underground.
Virgin Media offers WiFi Buddy app which you can install on your android or iPhone to use this WiFi features on up to 7 devices. Register the device before start using.