Virgin Media M100 Fibre broadband, previously, VIVID 100 (average speed: 108Mbps) is an ideal package for households that look out for high performance broadband connection at an affordable pricing.
If the premise has up to 10 users who need to access the web at the same time for streaming TV and on demand in HD or downloading or for gaming online, this award winning broadband provider is indeed a great pick.
According to Ofcom’s latest annual broadband providers’ speeds report released in May 2019, Virgin Media M100 fibre delivered an average real world speed of 107.3Mbps to the UK homes during peak times (8pm – 10pm).
- M100 optical fibre broadband offers an average download speed of 108Mbps and 10Mbps upload speed.
- Unlimited data usage allowance for every month
- Faster than double speed, BT (Openreach) based fibre broadband (67Mbps)
- Excellent bandwidth to support 5 to 9 devices to go online without slowing down the connection speeds
- Excellent speeds that would enable users watch HD videos, movies and 4k ultra HD content online without buffering.
- Hardware like Super Hub wireless router 3.0 included for no extra cost
- Flexible 1 month contract also available along with 12 month contract
- M100 fibre & calls includes free weekend UK landline calls and calls to Virgin Mobile numbers
- Free access to Virgin Media WiFi on the London Underground.
- Web Safe to help families protect themselves from unsafe and inappropriate online content.
Virgin Media M100 Fibre Broadband Deal
|Free Super Hub 3.0 WiFi router|
|Unlimited broadband||12 month contract|
|Inclusive weekend calls to UK landlines||£35 setup cost|
|Offer Price: £33 a month for 12 months (including line rental)|
Things you need to know
- No data caps nor traffic shaping apply to M100 fibre broadband. Speeds are not slowed down at peak times.
- Setup fee £45 will apply when you choose 30 days rolling contract
- When you choose M100 without Virgin phone line, higher monthly cost will apply. Currently, the broadband only M100 plan costs £42 a month
- Competitors such as Plusnet and TalkTalk offer cheaper fibre packages which could appeal from price point.
- Switching to Virgin Media cable broadband from ADSL network like BT or TalkTalk could involve some downtime.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the post contract price for M100?
Post contract price or standard monthly cost applies after the first minimum contract term. M100 fibre and calls will cost £49 a month after 12 months.
How much will the installation of M100 cost?
QuickStart self-installation is free and you can setup broadband without the need of an engineer. However, standard installation through an engineer will cost from £30
Do I have to pay line rental?
Virgin Media monthly line rental £19.00 a month is included in the monthly price, when you sign up for M100 fibre broadband and calls.
Line rental saver is available when you pay £196 in advance for 12 months
Can I get Virgin M100 without phone line or line rental?
Yes, Virgin Media also offers broadband only plans which help customers choose from its fibre broadband packages which do not include line rental or phone line and inclusive calls.
However, broadband only plans usually cost more and do not offer discounts in the first minimum contract term. You can choose 12 month or 1 month contract that best suits your needs.
Do I get Virgin Media Super Hub 3.0 Wireless Router?
Virgin Media offers the latest version of its Super Hub with all deals. Its new Intelligent WiFi feature would scan wifi blackspots in your home and can boost wireless signal.
Super Hub 3 is the fastest and the most reliable WiFi router with advanced security features. This award winning router is included for no extra cost, when you sign up for M100.
Is Virgin Media WiFi free and how can I use it?
Virgin Media WiFi is available via the provider’s WiFi hotspots and at 250 Tube stations on the London Underground.
Virgin Media offers WiFi Buddy app which you can install on your android smartphone or iPhone. You can install and this app on a maximum of 7 devices. Register the device before start using.