Line rental included
Total contract: £395.10
18 month contract
Why choose TalkTalk Faster Fibre broadband?
- TalkTalk Faster Fibre broadband offers 4 times faster speeds, when compared to standard broadband. You get superfast speeds of 36Mbps download and 9Mbps upload speed. You can connect more than 4 devices at the same time, stream HD TV shows, make faster downloads and play online games.
- Totally unlimited internet usage means no hidden monthly caps and no slow down at peak times (8pm – 10pm)
- Includes the new WiFi Hub which is two times faster than the old Super router. It comes with 7 antennas, 4 gigabit connections and great security features. Up to 50 devices can connect to WiFi at the same time.
- Not happy with service? 30 days connection guarantee allows you to cancel the service without penalties, if you are not satisfied.
- Talk2Go App for your mobiles, so you can make cheaper calls using your landline minutes. No need to use expensive mobile calls but use phone calls on your mobile devices when you are on the go. Installed on smartphones or tablets, Talk2Go WiFi app could help you save your money on calls, whether your are in the UK or abroad.
- Includes HomeSafe parental controls and internet security for the entire family safer browsing. HomeSafe includes parental controls to block unsuitable websites and anti-virus protection for all your devices.
- Enhanced internet security with SuperSafe boost
- Fixed price guarantee means no price rise for the whole contract
TalkTalk Faster Fibre Broadband Review
While headline connection speed of Faster fibre broadband is 38Mbps, it offers an average user speed of 36Mbps means 50% of its customers can get this speed from their end.
TalkTalk faster fibre offered real world speeds which did not vary much, when compared to other major ISPs. According to Ofcom’s annual broadband speed report released in 2018, here are the figures for this TalkTalk plan:
|Maximum||Minimum||24 hours||Peak times
(8pm – 10pm)
|TalkTalk Faster Fibre
(up to 38Mbps)
|33.3Mbps – 35.1Mbps||30.1Mbps – 32.2Mbps||32.6Mbps – 34.5Mbps||33.2Mbps – 34.3Mbps|
Over-all when compared to other ISP packages in 38Mbps tier, TalkTalk Faster Fibre performance was pretty decent with consistently faster speeds.
Poor customer service
During 2018, TalkTalk broadband was ranked the worst ISP for customer satisfaction, according to broadband watchdog Ofcom’s annual report 2019. 79% of its customers were happy with its service quality. Ofcom received the highest volume of complaints related its broadband service in 2018. Most complaints were related to its poor customer support.
Although, TalkTalk falls behind Plusnet, Sky and Virgin Media, when it comes to quality, performance and customer service, it offers cheaper, fibre optic broadband deals, when compared to rivals.
It’s pricing is unbeatable and its fibre & broadband packages including Faster fibre score well for value for money.
As we mentioned earlier, this entry level fibre package indeed , draws a nice balance between great speeds, decent performance and low pricing.
More deals from TalkTalk
Note: Price includes line rental